The Bump Fairy, like the Tooth Fairy, only better!

Friday, April 9, 2010

Today is the first day of my blog. A lot has already happened before today and our visit from the Bump Fairy. It first began as a relationship with an agency that matches gestational carriers with intended parents. My husband, Toby, and I had what I consider a necessary and lengthy screening process to ensure we would be good match and I would be a healthy carrier. We had an immediate response and found the intended parents we would be helping.
We began by preparing my body in the beginning of March 2010, for the transfer of their embryos. I took various medications to prepare my body including progesterone injections. My dearest friend Katie, a nurse, gave me my first injection and I didn't feel a thing. My neighbor Holly, also a nurse, trained Toby on how to give the injections which he gives daily. Corinne, our daughter, witnessed Toby giving me my injection one day. She put up her hand and yelled, "No Daddy" and she started crying. We explained that the shot is Mommy's medicine and now she doesn't bat an eye when she sees him giving me my injection.

On March 18 my sister, Georgianna, and I traveled to N.Y.C. to meet face to face the couple we were working with. (Toby didn't come because we didn't want our children, Corinne and Seamus to feel abondend by us). I felt connected to the couple right away and we enjoyed an evening together before the transfer. The next day, the fertility Dr. implanted three embryos. I spent the weekend in bed as I was instructed to and returned home March 21.

We had a positive pregnancy test March 31! . Yesterday, April 8, was our first ultrasound which shows one implantation! I will continue my routine of lab work on Mondays and Thursdays to make sure I am still pregnant and my levels are still.

It is unusual for me to have to be monitored so closely. Prior to this, I was pregnant twice, had routine pregnancies and two healthy babies. This is a completely different pregnancy. I used to think that if we are pregnant then we are having a baby. In the last couple days, I have learned that every day I am pregnant is one day closer to having baby but does not necessarily mean we will have a baby. I am hoping that my visit from the Bump Fairy works!

No comments:

Post a Comment